Today I bring you three fantastic bands from the Folkspot at the Tonder Festival 2016
What is Folk Spot Denmark?
Folk Spot Denmark is a showcase festival focusing on Danish roots, folk music, presenting traditional Danish music and new folk and roots music, both of which are thriving and developing explosively in Denmark today. The featured bands have all been selected by an international jury (between 15 and 20 people from all over the world), with representatives from festivals, venues, agencies, media, etc. Folk Spot Denmark part of the well known Danish Tønder Festival that for more than 40 years has happened during the last weekend of August (read more about the festival at www.tf.dk/en). Find out more about Folk Spot Denmark – Supported by := Rosa Organisaton Radio Folk Denmark
My thanks once again to Rasmus Wehner / Soren Lund / Henrik Friis / Andreas Oversen and of course Morten Hoirup for the music and their fantastic hospitality.Also grateful thanks to Maira Theessink & Stig Bang-Mortensen and their fantastic team and all the volunteers who make this magic festival work and work so well and allowing me to be part of the festival once again!
Basco with Jullie Hjetland
Basco bascoband.com Band Members :- This is of course in their own words!!!
Andreas Tophøj – fiddler, viola player (oh well) and lion tamer. Andreas is also resident professor of applied rhetoric, and also does the accounts. Hal Parfitt-Murray – Fiddler, mandolin player and lead singer with mercurial charm and really nice scarves. He also cleans up after the monkey. Anders Ringgaard Andersen – Accordion player, Trombone wrangler and horn arranger, Anders also takes care of any fighting off of groupies that needs to be done. An utterly and completely charming man. That’s not a joke, it’s just the simple truth. Ale Carr – Citternista extrordinaire and part time dragon slayer, Ale represents Basco’s contact with the Old Ones who will rise up at the End Times and engulf the world in tentacles and fire. But he’s really sweet and has loads of kids and you wouldn’t think he was like that at all.
They are joined on stage by Jullie Hjetland. Who brings her voice! with its colorful compositions and the primordial force that lies in her personal musical expression, she is a sought-after and versatile musician who in many colors and influences its environment with its natural approach to music.
Contact Details: Anders Ringgard Andersen E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Website:
- Title: Liti Kirsti /Composer: Trad/Basco/Hjetland / Lyrics: Trad/Hjetland /Arranged by: Basco/Hjetland
- Title: Kongsdøtrene /Composer: Trad/Basco/Hjetland / Lyrics: Trad/Hjetland /Arranged by: Basco/Hjetland
- Title: Tesla/Flat in Berlin / Composer: Basco / Arranged by: Basco
- Title: Liden Karen / Composer: Trad/Basco / Lyrics: Trad/Friis/Parfitt-Murray / Arranged by: Basco/Hjetland
- Title: Heimo / Composer: Trad/Basco / Lyrics: Trad/Hjetland / Arranged by: Basco/Hjetland
Elof & Wamberg
Elof & Wamberg is a Danish folk music duo consisting of Tobias Elof (‘ukulele) and Nicolaj Wamberg (contrabass). Since 2010, the two musicians have drawn audiences in Denmark and abroad into their unique musical universe. The delicate ‘ukulele and the deep contrabass combine to create a harmonious Nordic sound, that is characterized by a dynamic expertise. The duo has played over 100 concerts, amongst others at international festivals in England, Czech Republic, Estonia and Sweden.
Contact details e-mail: email@example.com /Website:
- Title: Vårbrud / Composer: Nicolaj Wamberg / Arranged by: Elof & Wamberg Continues directly to
- Title: Erindring / Composer: Tobias Elof /Arranged by: Elof & Wamberg\
- Title: Brudestykker / Composer: trad. / Arranged by: Elof & Wamberg/
- Title: Måneskin Composer: trad/Nicolaj Wamberg & Tobias Elof / Arranged by: Elof & Wamberg
- Title: Intro /Composer: Tobias Elof & Nicolaj Wamberg /Arranged by: Elof & Wamberg Continues directly to
- Titlen: Byen Sover / Composer: Tobias Elof & Nicolaj Wamberg / Arranged by: Elof & Wamberg
- Title: Verden / Composer: Nicolaj Wamberg & Tobias Elof / Arranged by: Elof & Wamberg
- Title: Menuet / Composer: trad./ Tobias Elof & Nicolaj Wamberg /Arranged by: Elof & Wamberg
Fromseier Hockings perform as a lively, impulsive and playful duo full of virtuosity. They have toured together worldwide and have through many years of partnership developed a unique intimacy in their music. Old swingy traditional tunes and songs are combined with Ditte and Sigurds own compositions.
Ditte Fromseier Mortensen started her musical life at the age of 4 on the little Danish island of Bornholm. Since then she has played her way around the world and has trained as both a classical and folk violinist. She has a Master of Arts from the University of Limerick and from the Carl Nielsen Academy in Denmark where she is currently employed as course director for their folk music degree.
Sigurd Hockings is one of the most skilful and versatile folk guitarists in Denmark. Inspiration for his very individual and accomplished playing style has come largely from both Scandinavian and Celtic music traditions.
- Title: Prisen /Composer: Sigurd Hockings og Ditte Fromseier / Arranged by: Sigurd Hockings og Ditte Fromseier
- Title: Sigurds Schottis / Composer: Hanna Wiskari / Arranged by: Sigurd Hockings og Ditte Fromseier
- Title: Age te Bys med Broga / Composer: Trad / Arranged by: Sigurd Hockings og Ditte Fromseier
- Title: Shiny Fiddle / Composer: Ditte Fromseier / Arranged by: Sigurd Hockings og Ditte Fromseier
- Title: Godfader vil ja Priza Composer: Elna Schöne / Arranged by: Sigurd Hockings og Ditte Fromseier
- Title: Nielsens Ekspertise / Composer: Sigurd Hockings / Arranged by: Sigurd Hockings
My thanks once again to Rasmus Wehner / Soren Lund / Henrik Friis / Andreas Oversen and of course Morten Hoirup
and team for the recordings and information -more next week
Will be repeated on Tuesday 27 th September 10pm till midnigh
Festival Fling with Liz Clark